The Voya Difference
Experience stable value investing the Voya way
When you’re with Voya, you’re gaining from decades of experience and commitment to the industry. Our range of stable value options offers you choice and flexibility. And a dedicated client service team offers you direct service and support.
Voya has a long history and proven track record in stable value investment options, working with plan sponsors to design and implement their fund. We’ll let the facts speak for themselves:
- Over 35 years of commitment to the Stable Value market
- Ranked #4 in Stable Value Separate Account & Synthetic Account assets 1
- Approximately $38 billion in total Stable Value Separate Account & Synthetic Account AUM and AUA 2
Our financial ratings
Our financial ratings are reflective of our financial strength and claims-paying ability.
Each of the Voya Financial insurance companies’ financial strength ratings is rated investment grade from all the major independent ratings agencies.
Ratings apply to the financial strength and claims-paying ability of Voya Retirement Insurance and Annuity Company, Voya Insurance and Annuity Company, Security Life of Denver Insurance Company, ReliaStar Life Insurance Company and ReliaStar Life Insurance Company of New York, and their General Accounts, and not to the safety or performance of the separate accounts or underlying investments.
Voya Retirement Insurance and Annuity Company offers Stable Value products to defined contribution plans, including 401(k), 401(a), 457, and 403(b) plans and to 529 college savings plans. Our multi-product portfolio provides choice and flexibility across all institutional plan sizes and tax codes.
- Synthetic Guaranteed Investment Contract (GIC)
The Voya Managed Custody Account product allows sponsors to retain ownership of the underlying assets, while still providing for a guarantee of principal within the stable value fund. The underlying assets are guaranteed to preserve principal by Voya Retirement Insurance and Annuity Company.
- Separate Account GIC *
The Voya StabilizerSM product utilizes a separate account established by Voya Retirement Insurance and Annuity (VRIAC), insulated from claims arising out of any other business conducted by VRIAC. The product is generally guaranteed to preserve principal based on the claims-paying ability of VRIAC. The plan sponsor can choose from four distinct separate account fixed income strategies or can work with us to design a customized strategy. The fixed income strategies are managed by a dedicated staff through Voya Investment Management Co. LLC. Stabilizer is available within Voya’s recordkept plans, as well as on an “investment only” basis.
- Pooled GIC
The Voya Stable Value Fund is a diversified portfolio of insurance company and bank stable value contracts including traditional GIC, separate account GIC, and synthetic GIC. The Voya Stable Value Fund allows plans sponsors to participate in a larger pool of assets with other plan sponsors.
- Traditional GIC
A traditional GIC pays a specified rate of return for a predetermined period of time, offers book value accounting, typically pays benefits to plan participants, and provides fixed annuities upon request. The product is offered through the Security Life of Denver Insurance Company, a member of the Voya® family of companies.
Voya Investment Management has a dedicated stable value practice specializing in third party fixed income management. Sample strategies available include Core, Limited Duration and Mortgage Backed Securities. Customized strategies are available. For more information, go to voyainvestments.com.
1 Oxford Consulting’s 1H 2014 Stable Value Sales and Assets survey of 15 major stable value investment providers, (Voya ranks 4th in assets) for the period ending June 2014.
2 Internal Voya statistics, as of December 31, 2014.
* Important Information: Voya StabilizerSM is offered through a group annuity contract issued by Voya Retirement Insurance and Annuity Company (VRIAC). Stability of principal is the primary objective of this investment option. Voya's StabilizerSM guarantees a minimum rate of interest and may credit a higher interest rate from period to period. The credited interest rate is subject to change, up or down, but will never fall below the guaranteed minimum. The guarantees provided by the contract are based on the claims-paying ability of VRIAC. The assets are held in a separate account and are “insulated” from claims arising out of any other business conducted by VRIAC and can be used only for the benefit of plan participants. Withdrawals resulting from employer-initiated events, such as withdrawals following mass layoffs, employer bankruptcy or full or partial plan may be restricted. Your stable value account balance is not guaranteed by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), by any other government agency or by your plan. This portfolio is not a registered investment under the 1940 Act and has not been registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
All guarantees are based on the financial strength and claims paying ability of the individual issuing insurance company, who is solely responsible for all obligations under its policies.