Voya CompaniesThe Voya family of companies (referred to herein collectively as “Voya”) is owned by Voya Financial, Inc. (NYSE: VOYA) and includes the following: Directed Services LLC; Midwestern United Life Insurance Company; ReliaStar Life Insurance Company; ReliaStar Life Insurance Company of New York; Security Life Assignment Corp.; Security Life of Denver Insurance Company; Voya America Equities, Inc.; Voya Capital Corporation, LLC; Voya Financial Advisors, Inc.; Voya Financial Partners, LLC; Voya Funds Services, LLC; Voya Institutional Plan Services, LLC; Voya Institutional Trust Company; Voya Insurance and Annuity Company; Voya Investment Management LLC; Voya Investment Management Co. LLC; Voya Investments, LLC; Voya Investments Distributor, LLC; Voya Retirement Advisors, LLC; Voya Retirement Insurance and Annuity Company. The Voya Site is owned and operated from offices in the United States of America by Voya Services Company, a Delaware corporation with its principal place of business at 5780 Powers Ferry Road, NW, Atlanta, Georgia, on behalf of the Voya companies offering insurance, securities and related financial products and services in the United States.
Proprietary InformationAll information, material and content accessible on or generated by the Voya Site, including text, graphics, images, software applications and code, video, audio, and user interface design (“Content”) is the proprietary information of Voya or our licensor, and is protected by United States and foreign copyright laws and conventions. Voya or our licensor retains all right, title, and interest in and to the Content. You may print out a copy of the Content solely for your personal use, provided, that, you may not remove or alter, or cause to be removed or altered, any copyright, trademark, service mark, or any other proprietary notice or legend or regulatory disclosure appearing on any of the Content. You may not modify, reproduce, copy, distribute, transmit, display, publish, download or upload, sell, license, create derivative works of or use any aspect of the Content for commercial or public purposes or for any other purpose not expressly permitted by these Terms. The use of Content on any other site or in a networked computer environment for any purpose, or any other republication, redistribution or use of the Content, including framing the Content within another site, is expressly prohibited.
TrademarksThe Voya name and the other trademarks, service marks, logos, URLs and domain names, registered or not (collectively, “Marks”), appearing on the Voya Site are the property of Voya and other parties. You may not use, copy, download, display, transmit or modify any Mark in any way without the prior written consent of the owner of such Mark. In addition, you are not authorized to make use of Voya’s Marks as metatags.
LinksVoya may provide hyperlinks to sites owned or operated by third parties (“Third Party Sites”) or permit a link from a Third Party Site to a Voya Site. Such links are for your convenience only and do not imply any affiliation with, or an endorsement, authorization, sponsorship or promotion of the Third Party Site. Voya accepts no responsibility for the content, products or services provided at these Third Party Sites. If you decide to access such Third Party Sites, you do so solely at your own risk, and you should be aware that Third Party Sites are governed by their own terms and conditions. Voya is not liable for any damages incurred as a result of clicking on a link to any Third Party Site. Links to the Voya Site may be made only with the permission of Voya.
Legal DisclaimersContent. Our intent is to provide accurate and up to date content on the Voya Site; however, that is not always possible. Therefore, no warranty or representation is made that the information on the Voya Site is complete, accurate, up-to-date or error-free or that known defects will be corrected. Content, services, products or functions available on the Voya Site may contain inaccuracies or errors and may be changed or updated at any time without notice. Voya has no obligation to update the Voya Site, so information may be out-of-date at any given time. THEREFORE, ALL CONTENT, SERVICES AND FUNCTIONS ON THE VOYA SITE, OR ANY OTHER SITE LINKED TO THE VOYA SITE, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain implied warranties in which event any required warranty applies to the minimum extent legally required.
Availability. No warranty or representation is made that the Voya Site or any part or function, including without limitation any transactional function, will be available and not subject to interruption at any time.
Disabling devices. No warranty or representation is made that any Content, service, product or function, including without limitation any downloadable files, available at the Voya Site is free of computer viruses, malware or other destructive or harmful programs, software, code or devices which may erase, scramble, lock or disable any computer software, content or equipment or may prevent users from using a site or any other item of hardware or software. You should routinely scan your system and downloaded files for such disabling devices.
Third Party Content. Voya may provide information at the Voya Site supplied by third parties. Any opinions, advice, statement, services, offers, or other information expressed or made available by a third party, are those of such third party and not Voya. Voya does not independently verify the information provided by third parties, does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, timeliness or correct sequencing of such information, and assumes no responsibility for Content displayed on the Voya Site that may be provided by another party.
Limitation on Liability and DamagesIN NO EVENT WILL VOYA BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTIONS, LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR DATA ON YOUR EQUIPMENT, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF WE OR ANY OF OUR REPRESENTATIVES ARE EXPRESSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OR LIKELIHOOD OF SUCH DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO ANY USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE VOYA SITE, OR ANY OTHER LINKED SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, USE OF OR RELIANCE ON INFORMATION, INTERRUPTIONS, ERRORS, DEFECTS, MISTAKES, OMISSIONS, DELETION OF FILES, DISABLING DEVICES, DELAYS IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, NONDELIVERY OF INFORMATION, THEFT, UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, DISCLOSURES OF COMMUNICATIONS, OR ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE. Some jurisdictions do not allow limitation or exclusion of certain liabilities or damages in which event in such jurisdiction the foregoing shall apply to the maximum extent allowed by law. You are responsible for the entire cost of all servicing, repair or correction of your property or operations, including without limitation your computer, network, software or any device, required as a result of or related to using the Voya Site. In no event shall Voya’s total liability to you for damages, losses and causes of action of any kind—whether in contract, tort (including, but not limited to, negligence), strict liability or otherwise—exceed the amount paid by you, if any, for accessing the Voya Site.
PrivacyWe are committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of your personal information. To review the Voya Privacy Notice of the Voya companies offering insurance, securities and related financial products and services in the United States, click here.
- Technical and Navigational Information. When you visit and navigate the Voya Site and when you communicate with us via the Voya Site, Voya and third parties with whom we have contracted may collect technical, navigational and other non-personally identifiable information (such as a catalog of the site pages you visit) from cookies, referrers, IP addresses, environmental variables, pixel tags and similar technologies and information you voluntarily provide, as further described below. If you participate in myVoya, please see the specific myVoya terms for additional privacy considerations. Currently, the Voya Site does not support the necessary technology to respond to Web browser “do not track” signals or other, comparable mechanisms.
- Referrers, IP Addresses, and Environmental Variables. Voya and our service providers may also collect “referrers” information, IP addresses and various environmental variables.
- A “referrer” is information the Web browser passes along to our web servers that references the URL from which you came.
- “IP address” is a number used by computers on the network to identify your computer so that data can be transmitted to you.
- “Environmental variables” include, among other things, the domain from which you access the Internet, the time you accessed the Voya Site, type of Web browser and operating system or platform used, the Internet address of the website you left to visit the Voya Site, the names of the pages you visit while at the Voya Site, and the Internet address of the website you then visit.
- Pixel Tags. Voya and our service providers may also use so-called “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “clear GIFs” or similar means (collectively, “Pixel Tags”) in connection with some website pages and HTML-formatted email messages to, among other things, compile aggregate statistics about site usage, response rates and the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. A Pixel Tag is an electronic image, often a single pixel (1x1), that is ordinarily not visible to site visitors and may be associated with cookies on the visitors’ hard drives. Pixel Tags allow us to count users who have visited certain pages of the Voya Site, to deliver branded services, and to help determine the effectiveness of promotional or advertising campaigns. When used in HTML-formatted email messages, Pixel Tags can tell the sender whether and when the email has been opened.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information You Voluntarily Provide. When you visit the Voya Site we may collect demographic data, such as your date of birth, gender and zip code. When such data is not combined with any personally identifiable information (“PII”), such information is considered to be non-personally identifiable. Additionally, we may aggregate PII in a manner such that the end-product does not personally identify you or any other user of the Voya Site, for example, by using PII to display content according to your zip code. Because non-personally identifiable information does not personally identify you, we may use such information for any purpose, including without limitation to enhance website security, detect broad demographic trends, provide content tailored to your interests, and otherwise enhance your experience on the Voya Site. This information may also be shared with third parties on an aggregate and non-personally identifiable basis.
- Monitoring Use. Voya reserves the right to view, monitor, and record any and all use of the Voya Site in its discretion. However, unless required by law, we do not have any obligation to you to conduct such monitoring or to take any action based on any monitoring we may conduct. If you do not consent to such monitoring, you should not access the Voya Site.